Labels

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Science Apps- The Weather Channel

I already have this app on both my iPhone and iPad.  I never thought about using this app with children or in the classroom.  The app features things like current temperature, future forecast, and a live weather radar.  I am constantly checking this app daily, especially if it looks like it is raining.  I check the radar or see the temperature outside to plan activities.  I could use this app in teaching elementary science in the classroom.  If we were discussing weather and how it changes, I could pull up the weekly forecast.  I could also discuss the live radar and how to read what it is saying.  These are important tools children need to learn to use throughout life.  I love The Weather Channel app and never thought of using it with students, but can see the ways it would be beneficial.

1 comment: