Labels

Monday, June 13, 2016

Google Drawing

I've thoroughly enjoyed playing around with Google Drawing.  I can add different shapes and edit them how I want.  I can also add text.  I could see myself using this in my classroom to make posters, flyers, or newsletters.  I could update it from year to year.  I could implement Google Drawing into my teaching lessons as well.  I could have students develop a flyer or poster for a book report.  They could also use this if they ran for class president and create posters to put up.  There are endless ways to use Google Drawing.

I explored the elementary school lesson- Exploring Shapes.  I thought this was a great lesson and way to incorporate Google Drawing into common core.  Students were given freedom to manipulate the shapes they wanted, yet were given instructions as to what was expected of them.  They were able to expand their vocabulary by the words used in Google Drawing.  They are able to draw, name, and recognize the characteristics of different shapes.  This is a great way to incorporate technology into the classroom and meeting common core standards.

Chapter 8 discusses how to use Google Drawing and gives tips to include in Common Core.  Like the exploring shapes lesson plan, chapter 8 gives an example how to explore geometry in math and meet the common core standards.  Students are asked to draw, construct, and describe geometrical figures in seventh grade.  They can use Google Drawing for this to show they can meet the common core standard for this.  Chapter 8 also gives ideas for teachers like creating puzzles for assessing student's knowledge of a standard.  Google Drawing can be implemented in many ways to meet common core standards.

1 comment: