Labels

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Pages vs. Word


Pages vs word

It was so interesting to learn about Pages.  I have had an iPad for many years and have never even noticed this app.  I use my iPad for everything except for Microsoft, because I knew it didn’t have those applications.  I am so glad apple developed apps similar to Microsoft.  I thought Pages was very similar to word.  The first similarity I saw was how the font was manipulated.  Font could be changed by size, color, alignment, etc.  The same was to change this in pages is similar to that in Word.  The second similarity I saw was adding pictures.  In Word, I have added pictures to documents I use as handouts.  Pages allows you to do this same thing.  Lastly, Pages is similar to word for inserting graphs.  Like word, Pages allows one to add a graph, as well as add the information that relates to the map so one can read and understand it.  One difference I noticed with pages versus Word was that word I am always saving my work so it is not lost.  In the tutorial, it was stated that you do not have to do this.  Your document was continuously being saved.  I can’t begin to state how many times I have had to redo a paper because I forgot to save as I went.  This is a great aspect pages has that word does not.  The iPad influences these both positively and negatively.  I take my iPad most places, so this allows me to work on Pages anytime and anywhere.  The con to this is that I cannot always print, unless I can use Air to hookup to a printer.  I enjoyed learning about Pages and definitely see myself using it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment