Labels

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Safari vs. Rover

I have used Safari for many years.  I have a MacBook and iPad at home.  At work, I have a PC so I use Chrome.  I have become very familiar with Safari and use it multiple times a day.  I had never heard of Rover.  It was interesting to learn about it and its many different features.  Like Safari, it could be used in the classroom to view videos or anything one finds on the internet.  A downfall to Rover stated is that it uses so much megabytes, that only one class could use it.  The video states that it would have the internet so slow to a crawl.  If a school has 20-30 classrooms in it, this would simply not work.  Sometimes it is best to stick with what one knows. I would prefer to continue to use Safari over Rover personally.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the main point to Rover was to overcome the prohibition of Flash on iPads. Flash is not as heavily used as it once was, though.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete