Labels

Monday, June 13, 2016

My Spelling Test App

I went ahead and downloaded this on my iPad.  I feel this is a very useful tool in the classroom.  It incorporates technology into the classroom well.  It can also get the students up and moving by going up to the board and physically moving the letters to spell the word, as well as work on fine motor skills.  I enjoying teaching younger grades (K-2nd), so I could definitely see myself using this app in my classroom.  It was also nice to see how it shortened time in making a spelling test.  The teacher said it only took him about 4 minutes to make out the test.  I believe this app is just as good as a written test.  The student gets a sentence to see how the word is used, as well as see the word as he or she types it.  The great thing about apps are that children can basically use them anytime they have an iPad.  Therefor, a child could be practicing his or her spelling words riding down the road in the car.  I really enjoyed this app and can see myself using it for weekly spelling tests.

1 comment: